Escape to a beautifully finished campsite small-holding with uninterrupted views of the north Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, located in a National Trust Conservation area. Relax and experience the magic of a holiday in the heart of Wales at this Pembrokeshire Camping site. Perfect for nature lovers, real campers and their families, who want a back to nature camping experience with a twist of luxury, pembrokeshire glamping.
Where is our campsite?
We are on the West tip of the Pembrokeshire Peninsula, Wales, less than a mile from Aberiddy beach and the famous Blue Lagoon, host of the Red Bull cliff diving championships, and a mile from the popular fishing village of Porthgain and the award winning ‘Shed’ bistro restaurant and ‘The Sloop inn’ family pub. We benefit from clear night skies unhindered by light pollution, it makes our campsite perfect for star gazing around a camp fire after watching the sun set into the sea at Abereiddy. We are also just a five miles from St Davids, the smallest city in Britain, with its great wealth restaurants and local shops. Also the home of the famous St Davids Cathedral a site of pilgrimage and worship for more than 800 years.
What can we do locally?
A frequent bus service stops directly outside the campsite and runs to and from St Davids, Fishguard and Haverfordwest. This makes it the perfect base for walkers and hikers of the Pembrokeshire Coastal National Paths. There are scenic walks suitable for all ages and abilities directly from the doorstep. Our pitches overlook a natural valley that leads to the sea, which provides a beautiful walk all the way to Abereiddy beach. Bring your bikes and enjoy miles of backroads and wilderness, there are handfuls of back road routes to discover and most end up at a blue flag awarded beach.
If you’ve brought along a canoe or two, or even a boat, these can be launched at Abereiddy or a mile down the road at Porthgain, the local fishing village and harbour. There is some great coastline to be discovered including untouched beaches which can only be accessed via the sea. The pembrokeshire coast has some great adventure activities to offer, including, surfing and coasteering just to name a few. Check out our pembrokeshire activities page for more details.
◦ Large firepit area that overlooks the coast, perfect for viewing the setting sun.
◦ ’The Cwtch’, a large circular wooden wind protector to protect from the wind. Perfect for catching the sun on the days with a bit of wind, or for snuggling up with a sleeping bag and viewing the sunset / stars.
◦ We’ve taken on board your feedback from last year and added a new toilet block, which lockers and a changing area. We are also looking into getting a bike rack.
◦ Huge change to our cafe, we’ve added tons of new items based on last years feedback, we’ve even bought a pizza oven!
◦ We’ve also removed a few pitches this year, which has allowed us to make each pitch bigger.
◦ Log Store & Small Fire Pits. We’ve created a log store where you can buy logs and kindling, also we’ve got smaller moveable fire pits so you can have your own fire at your pitch.
◦ Games pit, a sand pit with an array of classic games, ‘throw the horse shoe’, ‘bowels’. (coming soon)
Children and pets are more than welcome, we have onsite pets including a dog, goat and a pair of miniature horses, so the dog must be obedient and kept on a lead to avoid disrupting other campers. Care must be taken with younger children around the lake.
An ideal and tranquil base for viewing the attractions of Pembrokeshire, yet only one a few miles from the shops, pubs and restaurants of St Davids. If you are looking for a hi-tech holiday park then we are probably not for you, but if you want your children to know how to build a den or forage for blackberries then our pembrokeshire camping site should be exactly what you’re looking for.